Canadian Manufacturers and Exporters Association (CME) established Smart Green Program the to help manufacturers implement energy projects leading to CO2 reduction.
In a nutshell:
- Grant consists of two parts – Assessment grant (up to $30K) and Implementation grant (up to $500K)
- Manufacturers are generally eligible
- Only future projects are eligible for the grant
- Project has to be completed within 12 month
- M&V by company pre-qualified by CME is a must
Details of Smart Green grant
- Project must be financially unfeasible without the grant.
- Only costs incurred outside of company are eligible. Whatever is done by in-house resources is ineligible.
More details on eligibility.
Walk-through to assess what projects are possible – optional
Applicants can receive 50% of actually incurred cost to a maximum of $1250
- Applicant can do own project assessment, except for establishing of the GHG baseline, which must be contracted to a pre-selected consultant called QTSP.
- Up to $30K grant is available (50% of actual cost)
More details on assessments.
- Applicant can do the application on their own or hire a consultant.
- The guidelines and procedure are here.
- Project must be completed within 12 months including all approvals and permits.
- Funding – 50% of eligible cost to a max of $250K; which means if applicant spends $500K on eligible costs, then CME will cut a cheque for $250K.
Post Project M&V
- Applicant must hire a pre-selected consultant (QTSP) to produce an acceptable M&V report.
- M&V fee is an eligible cost for the implementation grant
- Application for Assessment is promised to be approved within 10 days
- Implementation grant is promised to be approved within 30-45 days
GreenQ Partners is pre-qualified by CME to perform M&V work for Smart Green grant. Feel free contact us to discuss the best way to proceed with your project here.