Valuable educational resources on the topics of energy management, energy efficiency and energy conservation.
Canadian Institute for Energy Training (CIET)
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM)
- Certified Energy Auditor (CEA)
- Certified Measurement and Verification professional (CMVP)
- Certified Building Commissioning Professional (CBCP)
- Certified in Use of RETScreen
- and many more energy education programs
Energy University (Schneider)
“Energy University is a FREE, online, educational resource, offering more than 200 vendor-neutral courses on energy efficiency and data center topics to help you identify, implement, and monitor efficiency improvements within your organization.”
Almost a 100 programs offered on several languages include:
- Energy Audit recommendations
- Review of energy use in boilers, motors, compressors, fans, HVAC, lighting, pumps
- Introduction into building automation systems and building controls
- and more
Each training module include a web presentation, slides, additional materials. Students can check their knowledge through an online test for each module.
Office of Energy Efficiency (NRCan)
The Office of Energy Efficiency (OEE) is Canada’s centre of excellence for energy, efficiency and alternative fuels information. The OEE is mandated to strengthen and expand Canada’s commitment to energy efficiency in order to help address the Government of Canada’s policy objectives.
In addition, the OEE offers grants and incentives and other resources, including workshops for professionals, statistics and analysis, awards and hundreds of free publications.
- Support the Canadian Industry Program for Energy Conservation (CIPEC), which offers networking opportunities for industry to share information, identify common needs and best practices and improve energy efficiency in more than 25 industrial sectors.
- Support early implementation of the new ISO 50001 Energy Management Systems standard. The recent publication of the Canadian version of this new standard by the Canadian Standards Association (CSA) will help Canadian industry establish the systems and processes necessary to take a systematic approach to improving energy efficiency, use, consumption and intensity.
- Provide Dollars to $ense energy management training workshops to help industrial companies reduce energy use by improving energy management practices.
- Provide biweekly ENERGY STAR Newsletter and reports, guides, manuals and other publications to increase awareness of industrial energy efficiency.