Assessment of Solar PV Project Options
The Assessment will help the roof owner understand what solar PV system can be installed on his property, what technical options are available due to existing limitations.
This Assessment will include:
- Assessment of roof solar capacity – evaluation of roof size, shading and obstructions on the roof
- Structural assessment of the roof – evaluation of capacity for additional loading
- Communication with roofing company – assessment of the required repairs for the upcoming 20 years and any installation conditions that would be imposed on the installation
- Recommendations on placement of electrical equipment
- Communication with the LDC – assessment of grid’s ability capacity to support the solar system
Upon completion of the Assessment we will be able to estimate potential system size, as well as financial performance under both roof lease and system ownership models. Consequently, the client will have the knowledge to make informed choices about how to proceed with the project.
Help with Financing the Project
We help project owners obtain grants and attract debt/equity financing. Since external financing can be brought into a project via a variety of ways, we offer a variety of services to make it happen:
- Assist in obtaining CEPP grant, which covers 90% of qualified project development costs.
- Bring you project to the condition when it becomes attractive to investors, who pay a fair price for an opportunity to take part in your project
- Attract debt and equity investors to your project
When your project is ready we will prepare an Investment Memorandum and present it to our network of solar-ready investors. We can help you find an financing that suits your needs and project conditions, icluding:
- Project buyout - you are paid for the work you have done developing project so far for transferring all your rights to a new owner
- Combination of debt and equity investment - you sell part of your equity and new partner brings debt financing along
- Equity, debt and funding for project development - interests of investors vary, and so do their offers, some are ready to put down money for project development.
Developer Selection and Contracting
Regardless of the choice between roof lease and system ownership, the roof owner will need to identify the most suitable developer for the installation. To help clients complete this step quickly and efficiently we shall:
- Prepare technical specifications of the solar system for the RFP documents
- Publish the RFP at Biddingo or distribute it within a shortlist of developers
- Run the RFP process: answer questions, issue amendments, organize site visits, etc
- Evaluate submissions from technical and financial standpoints
- If required conduct interviews to clarify offers
Upon completion we will provide the client with an integrated rating for each submission based on the pre-established criteria. We can then assist in negotiations and review the contract to ensure the client’s requirements and interests are met.
System Design Evaluation
As part of our system design evaluation we will:
- Assess the developer’s claims about system performance
- Verify the track record of the proposed components
- Assess the developer’s history of completed projects
- Ensure that the proposed design suits the site limitations
We will provide you with a 3rd party system verification before you make a million dollar decision that will affect you for at least 20 years.
Representation During Construction
We can provide the following services during the construction phase of your project:
- Monitor the adherence to construction schedule, progress reports and exception reporting
- Adherence of installation team to the procedures and conditions imposed by client’s roofing company
- Post construction site visit to verify the quality of installation and ensure no damage was done to the roof
- Full project management on behalf of the client
- Filing OPA application
- Filing CIA application (mandatory for all projects)
- Validation of past system performance based on actual solar data